We protect health and medical information as required by federal and state privacy laws. If you are a Audibel customer, please see our Notice of Privacy Practices for information about how we use your customer information.
This website is operated from within the United States (U.S.) and is intended for a U.S. audience.
Information Audibel gathers and tracks
We collect information in several ways. Some of the information we collect is personal to you. Other information is anonymous. We gather two types of information about users:
- Information that users provide through optional, voluntary submissions to our Website or by emailing us. This information may include personal information, such as your name, phone number, email address, state and zip code. When you are on our site and provide personal information, you are sharing that information with Audibel and the vendors who provide services to us.
- Information that we collect automatically as you visit and navigate the Website or open our emails. This information may include usage details, IP addresses, real-time geographic location of your computer or device, device identifiers and information collected through tracking technologies such as cookies and web beacons. Information Audibel gathers through aggregated tracking is used to determine which areas of our sites users like and don’t like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. We collect this information in order to determine how to create the best experience for our customers. We may track search terms entered in our Search function as one of many measures of what interests our users, but this tracking is never associated with an individual user.
Use of personal information
- Audibel strictly protects the security of your personal information and honors your choices for its intended use. We disclose your information to no third parties unless it is specifically stated otherwise. We may use third party contractors to help us operate our business and the sites or administer activities on our behalf, and may share your personal information with these contractors for those limited purposes.
- We use your information to understand your needs and provide you with better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- We may use the information to help you schedule appointments with our affiliated hearing centers.
- We may use the information to provide you with discount coupons and product information.
- We may use this information to respond to requests from users, customize our features for individual visitors who are Audibel customers and to notify customers about updates to our site and products or services.
- We may disclose, access or monitor your personal information when we believe in good faith that the law requires it.
- We may use information for administrative and other purposes that we deem necessary to maintain, service and improve our products and services and our information security
- We may disclose de-identified aggregated data and user statistics to prospective partners and other third parties. De-identified data is data that does not identify an individual person.
- We may share or use your information for any other legally permitted business purpose in our sole discretion.
Some of the features on this Website allow you to communicate with us using an online form. If your communication requests a response from us, we may send you a response via e-mail. The e-mail response or confirmation may include your personal information, including your name, address, etc. We cannot guarantee that our e-mails to you will be secure from unauthorized interception.
Accessing and correcting your information
- You may contact us at if you wish to view, edit, or delete your personal information from our database, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to accommodate your request. You may also contact us if you believe that any inaccurate or inappropriate information has been obtained or provided to others through your use of this Website.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties for their own use unless we have your permission or are required by law.
Your California privacy rights
- California Civil Code § 1798.83 permits our visitors who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third-parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, contact us via regular mail at Audibel Hearing Centers, Attn: Data Privacy Officer, 6425 Flying Cloud Drive, Eden Prairie MN 55344. Make sure to state that you are a California resident.
- California law requires us to let you know how we respond to web browser “Do Not Track” signals. Our Website does not currently support “Do Not Track” codes. That is, Audibel does not currently respond to or take any action with regard to “Do Not Track” requests.
Special Privacy Provisions for Children Under 13
- Consistent with the Federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without requesting parental consent.
Cookies and other automatic data collection technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
- The Website may use “cookies” and other technologies such as pixel tags and web beacons.
We also employ a software technology called a clear GIF (Graphics Interchange Format), also known as a pixel tag or Web beacon. A clear GIF is a line of code that we place on our Websites or in e-mails which allows us to analyze our advertising and the general usage patterns of visitors to our Websites. These help us better manage content on our site by informing us what content or promotions are effective. Unless you consent, we do not collect personally identifiable information from you through the use of web beacons. You may not disable Web beacons.
The information presented on Audibel’s Website is not intended to be medical advice and should not be relied upon as such. If you suspect a hearing problem, Audibel strongly urges you to consult with a qualified physician or hearing professional.
Links to other websites and services
The Audibel Website may contain links to other sites that are not under our control. These Websites have their own policies regarding privacy. You should review those policies when visiting the Websites. Audibel has no responsibility for linked websites and is not responsible for the content of any such site. Audibel provides these links solely for the convenience and information of our visitors.
Audibel operates secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized individuals have access to the information provided by our customers. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
Attention: Data Privacy Officer
6425 Flying Cloud Drive
Eden Prairie MN 55344
Effective Date: January 1, 2018